Saturday, December 03, 2005

This has been around the block

I've been reading everyone's and thought I'd try my hand at it. 10 Random Things about Me… -I've always loved stuffed animals, even as an adult. Never been a doll girl. -I got married one week after my 24th birthday. -The best, most rewarding organized educational experience I've ever had was my gradutate program at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, a consortium of seminaries. -I used to write short stories and hope to do so again someday. -I never had a clear concieved plan to be married with children, but here I am. -I'm afraid of flying, but do it reluctantly. -I love Dim Sum, but never get to have it these days. -I have a love of pens and notebooks, and enjoy browsing through office supply stores. -I've been more creative in the past year since I left my teaching job, then I have been in any other period of my life. -I love being in my 30s and really didn't enjoy my 20s 9 Places I’ve Been…. -Yellowstone -Yosemite -Bryce Canyon -Oregon -Seattle -Disneyland -Victoria, Canada -Georgia -Las Vegas 8 Ways to Win My Heart…. -Be sweet to me and to others -Bring me Starbucks pastries -Have a good sense of humor -Be a natural athlete but not conceited about it -Listen to what I have to say -Stand up for oneself -Be open-minded -Have compassion and empathy 7 Things To Do Before I Die…. -Visit Jerusalem -Go whitewater rafting -Write the Great American Novel -Design a sweater -Visit all the historical landmarks in the U.S. -Go to Europe -Live anxiety free 6 Things I’m Afraid of…. -Spiders -Snakes -Losing a loved one -Being trapped in a situation or a small enclosed space -Flying in a plane -Losing control over my life 5 things I don’t like…. -Bad Dialogue in the movies -Bad breath in a person that I have to sit next to -Cleaning out the cat box -Soap scum -My kids bickering 4 Ways to Turn Me Off…. -Be a bigot -Have bad manners -Have bad hygeine -Arrogance 3 Things I Do Everyday…. -Knit -Play with the kids and cats -Email and blog reading 2 Things That Make Me Happy…. -My kidlets' laughter -Kitty purrs 1 Thing On My Mind, RIGHT NOW…. I've got a bazillion things to do while the kids nap today. I got the last package from my knitty SP today! She has been very thoughtful and generous. I think I've figured out that it's Taranichole. She has a great blog too! She sent me two skeins of Color Your Own sock yarn from Knitpicks, some of the cutest sheep buttons I've ever seen, the books, "Hands on Dyeing", and "Bad Cat," some cute tags for my beadwork, and a Hello Kitty candy cane ornament. For being her first time in a Secret Pal round, I'd have to say she's awesome. I'll put up a pic later. I'm doing the seaming of Blackberry too. I'm glad the seaming is done before the final ribbing. Seaming is not my favorite thing to do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny -- I'm a seminarian from Utah and I'm sitting here in my dorm room at CDSP, having found your blog through my utah knitting friend Margene's blog....

What kind of graduate program did you do here at the GTU?

12/03/2005 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hello anonymous CDSP student! I completed a common MA in Theology at the GTU. I affiliated with JSTB. Are you enjoying your time at the GTU?

12/03/2005 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Great to learn more about you, Jennifer!

12/03/2005 08:52:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I love Starbucks pastries, too! And I'm with you on the non-conceived plan to be married with children. I love it, though! I'm so glad that life turns out different than we expect, sometimes. Looking forward to seeing pics of your SP package. Sounds wonderful! :-)

12/04/2005 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->