Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hazy Shade of Winter

Meet Hazel, one of the feline scamps that live in the Craftylilly house. She may look sweet and innocent sunning herself on the steps, but don't let that fool you. She's willing to squish herself into any small space that I have next to me in bed at night. I can't tell you how many mornings the Mr. or I have woken up with back pain due to the cat curling up between our legs or in the small of our back. We've even woken up both of use perched at the edge of our bed to find her sprawled out in the middle. She has great taste in yarn too. She'll snub all acrylics but will make a bed out of anything wool, especially if it's got a little mohair in it. Blackberry? Oh yeah, I've found her sleeping on it.

Speaking of people living in the Craftylilly house, I've decided that Mr. Craftylilly needs a new alias. Now, when I asked the Mr. what he wanted to be called, his answer was "Raider Man." Please refer to the Christmas ornament pic I posted a week ago. Since the best I could come up with was Fantasy Football Fanatic or FFF for short, I'll go with what he wants. Raider Man 'tis. RM for short.

Now, RM and I saw a great movie last night off of Netflix. If you haven't already seen Cinderella Man, you must. The acting is superb (Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger), and the story is engaging. I'm not all that into boxing as a sport, but the movie is done so well, even I got into the boxing match scenes.

I want to thank all of you who left such kind and supportive comments about Blackberry. The fact is, I'll probably wear her a lot this winter. I tend to wear the knits that I'm not in love with more, probably because I'm not as afraid to mess them up. I still have my reservations, but I think that with the right shirt underneath, it'll look better. I'm still trucking away at my sock. I hope to have the first sock done and the second sock started by midweek. I'll post a pic when the first sock is done.

If you've made it through the meandering post, I salute you! Have a good Sunday everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Hmmm....Raider Man....I like it! My husband would be appalled if he knew I referred to him as Mr. Lovie.

Amy

12/11/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Raider man is too funny! Love the new moniker and I'll bet he does, too. Hmm, we have the same problem with back pain and such, but it's usually because one of the kids has climbed into our bed in the middle of the night and sprawled themselves out. ;-) Haven't seen that movie yet, but I've heard it's good. Have a great Sunday!

12/11/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I don't think of Cinderella Man as a boxing movie. There was so much political and emotional stuff going on, I cried through so much of it. Of course I was pregnant at the time, but... I thought it was excelent. Glad to hear you liked it too.

12/11/2005 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Hahahaaa! My DH has TWO Miami Dolphins ornaments on our tree. =) He also plays Fantasy basketball.

12/11/2005 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Raider Man! *laughs*

I wonder what my husband would choose to be called...

Cats are determined little creatures, aren't they? If ours want something (food or cuddles), they follow me around the house, meouing loudly and accusingly until I pay them attention. They just have this peculiar air about them - the sure belief that they deserve only the best and we are there to provide it. ;-)

12/12/2005 05:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

i was over at my bf's house finishing those vesper aqua melon socks i posted. i grafted the toe and cut off the remainder. as i was picking up, i looked around and saw his cat slurping up a piece of pink yarn about 6" long. i tried to grab it, but the cat ran away! GAAHHH!!! yeah, that's going to be lovely coming out either end...
it's so fun thinking up names for significant others solely for the purpose of blogging! i have to catch myself when speaking to other people, otherwise i'll refer to my bf as "starfish" instead of "howard." i think i'll save us both the embarrassment...
thanks for the spinning encouragement! it'll be a while before i get singles down, but i'm having loads of fun. too bad i couldn't have used this for a physics project in college ;P

12/12/2005 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

Weird how that works. I hate boxing. But Boxing movies are nearly always great! I don't know why that is.

Hazel is a Beauty but I'm not fooled.. she looks like a troublemaker :)

12/12/2005 01:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just watched Cinderella Man this weekend and liked it too. I'm so excited you are knitting socks! Ooooh you are gonna get sooo addicted - hee.

I like Blackberry - very stylish.

12/12/2005 03:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->