Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Knitting Couch

I haven't officially been tagged with the "Where do you knit" meme, but I thought I'd share anyway. Like most of the pictures I've seen out in Blogville, I knit while sitting on my couch. Now, my couch is known as a happening place. It is the staging ground for many a 30 car pile-up, a battle ground for star wars men to storm a princess's castle, a holding area for comfort lovies, a bed for sick kidlets and sleeping cats, a seat for xbox playing RM, and a beading zone for me. Most of the time, my knitting couch looks like this. When I'm real tired or stressed, I'll just shove some of it aside and knit scrunched over in a corner amongst all the toys. See that castle? The ramparts are actually a good place to put the working ball of yarn. Most of the time though, I clear it off to create a more peaceful place to knit. Here's what I like for my couch to look like. Peaceful, no? Yep, I just need a tasty beverage, a pattern, some yarn and needles, and a good show on TV to knit to. I want to direct you to a lovely poem that KSD wrote over on her blog. Go take a look if you have a moment. Her sentiments mirror my own about all of the people whose blog's I read, and who to the Garden to visit. I appreciate you all!

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

I like your spot a lot! And thanks for the link to the poem ... very nice. Have you tried Bag Balm for your heads? I slather it all over mine before going to bed. So dry here!

12/20/2005 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your couch looks an awful lot like mine, hehe! Except mine usually has some laundry waiting to be folded nestled amongst the cars and castles, too. It's a happy, productive spot. ;-) I'm glad I found your blog...take care! :-)

12/20/2005 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment about the hamster quilt - Hugo is in hamster heaven when he's wrapped up in it!

12/20/2005 01:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And as for baking - I agree that no-one will know whether it has been done or not. Enjoy Christmas!

12/20/2005 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

What a warm, loving spot. Nothing wrong with snuggling down next to a castle willing to hold your yarn for you.

12/20/2005 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Great spot to knit, looks quite comfy. Have you tried udderly smooth? I alternate between that and the aveeno intensive care.

12/20/2005 07:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->