Thursday, December 15, 2005

List 'o craftiness

Last week I was reading Julie's blog where she listed all the crafts with which she's ever dabbled. Julie challenged her readers to post all the crafts that they have had experience with. I've been meaning to post my list of crafts/arts that have been a part of my life, but got distracted by the mad sock knitting. So here 'tis. latch-hook cross-stitch embroidery sewing plastic canvas candle-making card-making book binding crochet macrame calligraphy origami Spinning with a hand spindle dyeing fiber And then of course: Knitting and Beading Since the following aren't strictly speaking crafts, but they are art forms, I thought I'd include the following in a sublist. (I love lists.) Dance Martial Arts Writing short stories and screenplays Now, I originally intended this blog to be about both knitting and beading. Knitting has kind of taken over this blog. Well, since a lot of my beading has been in secret, due to submission reasons, I thought I'd share some of my past work with all of you from time to time. The piece I'm sharing today is one that I wore all the time when I was working. It still is one of my favorite pieces. I have a thing about chokers, so it's a choker made with borosilicate lampwork beads, sterling silver spacers, and 4mm amethyst round beads with a sterling silver clasp. It's a simple stringing design, but sometimes the simplest designs are the best especially with such gorgeous beads.

11 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

That necklace is so pretty! I feel the same way about knitting and acting...my blog is so much more about knitting!

12/15/2005 02:33:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Beautiful. Those borosilicate beads look great next to the amethyst. I'm also guilty of many other crafts, but knitting has been with me the longest.

12/15/2005 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Very pretty! I want to get back into beading one of these days, (LOL, I should do my lists of crafts too then maybe that would scare me from getting back into it!) and wanted to ask you to recommend your favorite bead store in the east bay. My mom says there is one in Berkeley I need to go to--just haven't made the trip there yet.

12/15/2005 08:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you're called Craftylilly ;).

12/15/2005 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

Wow! You know I've been bitten by the jewelry bug. We even have freaking bead stores here! It's gonna get bad I tell ya!

12/16/2005 04:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Impressive list! I love the necklace.

12/16/2005 04:39:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You live up to your name Craftylilly!

Amy

12/16/2005 05:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! Love the choker. Makes me want to get out all the beads and start beading again!

12/16/2005 07:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That necklace is beautiful! And, your list is pretty impressive :o)

12/16/2005 07:53:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That choker is gorgeous! I'm proud to own one of your creations and wear it all the time. :)

12/16/2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

That necklace is gorgeous!
I love love love the beads!


Weird, knitting is the only crafty thing thats ever really grabbed me, except maybe for making macrame bracelets in high school.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

12/16/2005 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->