Sunday, March 19, 2006

Angelica in Autumn

But isn't it almost spring? Yes, it is dear friends. I'm talking about my Angelica tunic that I completed last week. I didn't get a chance to take her picture until this weekend. We finally had a break in the rain and general unpleasantness. I like her quite a lot and will be wearing her a lot this spring. I think she will be perfect for next fall too, the Indian summer time for sure. So without further ado, here are the specs. Pattern: Angelica Renaissance Tunic by Stephanie Japel Yarn: Cotton/rayon/silk blend handpainted by Over the Rainbow Yarns in the Autumn colorway Needles: I used size 11 circ for most of it, and a size 8 circ for the keyhole Time to complete: Once I got started, this sweater took about 2 and a half weeks, give or take. I don't keep real complete records on when I start a knit. What I learned: Most of the skills needed for this sweater, I'm already familiar with. I have to say, that I did learn a bit about how to attach a crochet loop for the button. I crocheted a rather long chain, and ended up tacking it in several places behind the sweater. This makes for a more stable buttonhole, and makes the finished product look more tidy. I also found that even though my yarn as advertised fit the intended gauge of the sweater, I achieved a much more drapey fabric than many of the other knitters who've made this and used wool, or even the Hipknits silk suggested. I can only surmise that this has to do with the fiber content, and the needle size I had to go to to achieve gauge. I rather like the extra drape. I also found that Over the Rainbow Yarns makes a fine dyed yarn. This colorway is gorgeous and knit up really nicely with minimal pooling. I want to thank everyone who left such supportive comments about the loss of my grandmother. It has been a difficult time, and I really appreciate the concern, thougts, and prayers.

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and the fit is perfect. And I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother.

3/19/2006 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You look amazing in it Jennifer. That color is JUST GORGEOUS.

Amy

3/19/2006 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The sweater looks really, really good on you, Jennifer!

3/19/2006 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks great. I think that yarn was a good choice for that project.

3/19/2006 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your sweater looks fabulous on you! I'm knitting socks from one of their yarns right now.

3/19/2006 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Very cute! The keyhole is a nice touch.

3/19/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Angelica is GORGEOUS!!! You've been turning out beautiful knit after beautiful knit! You look absolutely stunning in it- the colorway is so amzingly beautiful. I love the drape of the fabric and the fit looks perfect. Fantastic job! BTW, totally off topic, but your piano looks like the same piano I played growing up. Brings back so many good memories! Take care, Jennifer! :-)

3/19/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Great job on the Angelica. I like the keyhole effect in the front.

Who plays the piano?

3/20/2006 04:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You look wonderful in that lovely sweater.

3/20/2006 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Great job! It looks amazing!

3/20/2006 08:06:00 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

How beautiful! It turned out great and it looks gorgeous on you :)

3/20/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

The colors are lovely! The shape of the keyhole is very interesting and unique. Just don't wear a red T-shirt underneath. You might look like a stop sign. :D

3/20/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out beautiful. Love the colours and especially love the neck detail, little diamond-y shape thing.

3/20/2006 09:47:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I missed the post about your grandma. It's great that you kept something to remember her by. I hope you're feeling better. Your swarer looks beautiful

3/20/2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. I'm sorry I was so late to the original post, it was beautiful.

The Angelica came out great! very drapey and very flattering.. is that you? I don't recall having seen your pic before - i'm not sure what I expected you'd look like, more black and white and furry maybe? ;) Anyway Great job!

3/20/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Jennifer, it's lovely. The colors are beautiful!

3/20/2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Those colors look GREAT on you!! Nice Job!

3/20/2006 03:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelica is beautiful, and it looks like it fits you perfectly!

3/20/2006 04:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful - great job!

3/20/2006 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Look at you! that turned out great~ Fit looks perfect too.

3/20/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I love how it turned out. I also like my sweaters with a bit more drape. You did a great job.

3/20/2006 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

such a lovely sweater on you! Im glad you joined the kal and enjoyed the knitting.
Im so sorry about your grandmother, Ive been away and had no idea. My thoughts are with you

3/21/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautiful knit! The colors are so lovely.

3/21/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Wow, this came out beautiful! I'm not familiar with the pattern, will have to see if I can track it down!

3/26/2006 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Wow, I like this tunic! And you did it all on circular needles which i something I am for these days. Nice touch with the button you choose too. Great job!

3/31/2006 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->