Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The hop in my Knitalong...

When I was about 9 years old, I got a dog. She was a beautiful, and very spunky long hair black and white chihuahua named Rosie. When she was a young dog, she developed a luxating patella, or dislocating knee cap. It was in one of her hind legs, so when she ran around and the knee cap slipped out of joint she had this strange limp, or "hop in her getalong" as my grandmother called it. We got her the surgery to correct it, and she went on to run, play, and be the sweet dog she was for many more years. She remains the sweetest Chihuahua I've ever met. Chihuahuas I've met since haven't been as nice. When I was thinking about what I was going to name this post, the memory of Rosie and her "hop" gave me inspiration! Now onto what you're really here for, the knitting! I've gotten quite a bit farther on my sockpal's socks. I think they look great. I've checked the fit, and they work too. The size #4's did the trick. I think though, that the magic loop method or two circs would have been better than working with DPNs with Fixation. I've had to switch my joins several times to avoid laddering. I never have this problem usually with DPN's. I'm blaming it on the stretch. I should have a finished sock soon. As the second sock usually goes so much quicker than the first, I should have a completed pair in a week or so, just in time for the Sock a Month KAL! Also this colorway really reminds me of a zebra's stripes. I think I could count these socks as my Life of Pi project as well for KTC! Double Dipping, you have to like that! Angelica is speeding right along. I'd be done with her, if I didn't have the sockpal socks, and a big project for SWB's preschool that I'm madly working on. I'm halfway down the second sleeve, and picked out a fab button to finish her off. Angelica will mark the end of the Angelica KAL for me, and is my Project Spectrum project. Woohoo! Double dipping again! Expect FO pics soon! I've also cast on for the first of a few squares I'm knitting for the KTC Warm the World blanket. This is also for the 40 Days for Others that I'm doing. I'm planning on getting at least 4 squares done, one for each member of the family. Since I'm on the verge of completing a couple KAL's I ... ahem... joined another one (The Mountain Lace KAL), and of course started the knitting vacation swap. I'm done making excuses for myself. I like KAL's and swaps. I think I'm as addicted to them as I am yarn. Which by the way, if you're interested we'd love to have you join the knitting vacation swap! Scroll down for the post that discusses the guidelines, and shoot me an email if you want to join up.

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

I so want to join the Mountain Lace KAL but I can't even buy the pattern until April 17th and, btw, I am swamped out of my mind at work.

But......

What a cute story! the hop in her getalong. She got along okay too, it sounds like.

Nice socks.

3/14/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely story! :)

Wow, you are getting so much done in so few projects, it's amazing. I like how your sock is knitting up, too.

I like knitalongs. I'm participating in my first swap right now, but so far it's pretty fun, too.

3/14/2006 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

What a great story and a really fun post. The sock looks wonderful. I haven't used fixation for socks, but used it in a baby hat (power of the elastic keeps it on babies itty bitty head).

you got lots going girl~

3/14/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Lovin' the zebra socks. Your sock pal will also.

3/14/2006 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I love your blog's new look!

3/14/2006 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I loved the "hop in her getalong" story! So sweet. :-) Your Zebra socks look wonderful! I really like the way that Fixation is knitting up. And you knit Angelica up so quickly! Such incredible progress. I can't wait to see the modeled shot! I need to stop making excuses for KAL's, too. I like them and that's that!(I'm doing the Lily Tomlin tongue-sticking thing in my mind. ;-)) Take care, Jennifer! :-)

3/15/2006 02:15:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Love the socks. So many things to knit...so little time.

3/15/2006 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

So many KALs! I admire your knitting stamina. The socks are looking great, thanks for all the useful information about needle size and type.

3/15/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Those are the cutest socks ever! I love that yarn!!! I am a knit-along addict as well. Even though I don't really have time for them - I just can't resist.

Your vacation swap sounds like such a great idea! I will send you my info - I can surely handle something small like that!

3/15/2006 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you've got some knittin' to do!

3/15/2006 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i like the story of rosie :) the sock pals socks look fabulous! your getting so much done in such little time,,, horray for craftiness!

3/15/2006 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

The sock looks smashing. I love the black and white! I need to get some Cascade....

3/15/2006 07:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->