Saturday, February 25, 2006

Music and knitting

Well, you all had very good suggestions for good music/entertainment to listen to while knitting. Here is a list of what you all came up with: Single songs: "Love Shack" by the B52's (Tin Roof!! Rusted.) "Layla" by Eric Clapton "Shout to the Lord" "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas "Explosive" by Bond (and all women string quartet, very cool) "Pagan Poetry" by Bjork "Bizarre Love Triangle" cover by Frente! (Love the original, must check this out) "Combat Baby" by Metric "H" by Tool "Even Cowgirls get the Blues" by EmmyLou Harris (Love her!) "Jive Talkin" by the BeeGee's (I hummed this song the rest of the day after I read this.) "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2 "Supposed to be" by Jack Johnson "Under African Skies" by Paul Simon (I haven't listened to this in a long time. I forgot how beautiful it is) "Closing Time" by Semisonic "One Love" by Bob Marley "Trip Through Your Wires" by U2 "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones "Losing my Religion" by REM "Sweater song" by Weezer CD's The Last Samurai Soundtrack Peaceful Praise by Gary Prim Any album by Coldplay (I love them too!) Canyon Trilogy by R. Carlos Nakai (Native American Flute Music, very relaxing!) Memory of Trees by Enya Anything by The Knitters (how cool is that name!) Kathleen Battle sings Mozart Teresa Deng (I am in the process of checking her out right now. I love exploring new music!) Benedictine Monk Chant (Love this for meditiation actually) Anything by Death Cab for Cutie (I've got to check them out. I"m intrigued by the name.) Garden State Soundtrack Shimmering Warm and Bright by Bel Canto Space Flower, the Wild Swans and Deep by Peter Murphy ( I love Peter Murphy) Infinity by Trout Fishing in America Non music selections Cast On podcast with Brenda Dayne (Knit, knit like the wind!) I'd have to include all knitting podcasts actually. Speaking about podcasts, I have to thank all the people who have sent kind words about my interview on Whit's podcast. I had lots of fun and was much relieved that I didn't sound like a dork. Good editing, Whit! I got so many music tips, I'm not going to lack music for my Ipod shuffle! As far as music I enjoy while knitting, I've been listening to podcasts, and the new music by Train. And now for our winner... I used a random number generator and Mary Ann aka "Mom" won the Tropical Handpaint! Congratulations! I will be sending her the winnings this coming week. I hope she enjoys it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ok, so I'm only a recent reader (well, since earlie today!!) - I would suggest "Neighbor" by the Lascivious Biddies (it's the "sweater song" on Cast On). And just for fun, Wren Ross' "Greatest Knits" is fun. Only 7 songs, but they're very cute. One of them is on an episode of Cast On from a few weeks ago.

2/25/2006 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those are some good selections. I will have to check some of those out too. For some reason I'm on a celtic music jag right now. I think it got started off by the convergence of the Roxy Music cd I just bought (Avalon) and the music that the Japanese skater used for her exhibition skate called You Raise Me Up. Somehow the two things = Celtic Woman cd in my mind... Well no one ever said I was sane!! :)

2/25/2006 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Congratulations to Mary Ann!! Thanks for such a fun contest, Jennifer! I used to listen to music while knitting, but lately I've become really addicted to knitting podcasts and books on CD. I love Cast-on and I downloaded Whit's one yesterday, so I hope to give that listen either tonight or tomorrow so I can hear your interview!! ;-) Take care and have a great weekend! :-)

2/25/2006 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

My mom rocks! You don't know how thrilled she is going to be when she finds out.

I didn't mention any songs because I'm a radio listener, but I do download books on CD into my MP3 to listen to when I knit.

Amy

2/26/2006 05:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Yes, I am thrilled. I can hardly wait to get the prize. I feel lucky and privileged. You have to know that until Amy began getting into knitting and taking me along with her to good LYSs, I only had WalMart yarn to use. Wow, are things about to change. I feel like the lady in the department store ad saying "Open, open,open!"

2/26/2006 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

The only two things I know by Frente are that (and it's great!) and "Let the sun shine in" (original=pebbles on the flinstones. I like both!

2/26/2006 05:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->