Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Anitbiotics, and the weather is fine

Yep, three of us are on antibiotics. Remember that cold I told you about 2 weeks ago? Remember how I said that we were all getting better? I'm here to tell you that I am no health professional. SWB got and ear infection. RM and I have sinus infections. Only PQL seems to have almost kicked the ick. Oh yeah, we're a sad bunch. I have been getting some knitting done though. I am up to the toe decreases on my second Jaywalker. FO pics and stats soon! Plus I can finally get that "F" for the sock a month KAL. I am also up to the final piece of the recycled sari silk project I'm doing for Knit the Classics. Sari silk sheds like crazy. I'm finding little bits of the stuff everywhere. It's in my knitting notions bag, inside the socks I'm wearing, in my kid's toy box, on the cats. It could be a great CSI clue illustrating the notion of fiber transfer. I've told myself that I need to get these two things off the needles by the end of the month so I can start Angelica, my Socksapaloooza socks and a project I'm designing. I feel on target so far, barring any more illnesses. There's still time to get in your favorite music to knit by. Leave a comment or send me an email! The suggestions have been wonderful so far! Oh, and to distract you from the fact that I have no picture of yarn and/or knitting, have a camel. ;)

13 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I hope y'all get to feeling better soon. I hate sari silk yarn for that very reason.

Amy

2/22/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ugh...I hope you are all much better soon!

2/22/2006 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sari Silk does shed that's for sure. But I just can't resist it. At least it doesn't float up my nose like other sheddy yarns!

2/22/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Feel better! That sounds awful!

2/22/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Yikes! Sinus infections hurt the worst. Hope all of you are feeling better and on the mend very soon. It's so hard when everyone in the house is sick! I've never worked with sari silk, but I've heard that from others that it sheds a lot. It's so pretty, though! Sounds like your projects are really coming along- can't wait to see your finished Jaywalkers! BTW, thanks for the came. ;-) Take care, Jennifer! :-)

2/22/2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

I hope you all continue to get better.

2/23/2006 05:10:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Yucky! We've been sick here all winter, so I can certainly relate... We aren't doing anything to stem the tide of overuse of antibiotics, that's for sure!

And your Twist looks awesome!

2/23/2006 09:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get better soon!!!

2/23/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh no! I didn't realize you were all sick again! get better quick. Poor babies.

2/23/2006 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soonest!

2/23/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

I hope you feel better son! I've had a misable sinus infection & sinucitis so I can feel for yoU!. Cute camles, I hope you lplucked some fiber from them???? hmmm Great fiber for spinning make some awesome yarn!
LOVE those buttons & great stash enhancement! For music anythign country, hip easy listening to no head banging type!! ;o) Just my 2 cents

2/24/2006 04:19:00 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i hope you and the kiddos get well soon! ooohhh... sounds like a lot of FO's are about to be blogged! can't wait!

2/24/2006 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

feel better!

2/24/2006 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->