Thursday, March 09, 2006

An Ode to Project Spectrum

Yesterday Margene instigated a meme of red and pink. She suggested that Project Spectrum participants find red and pink in our homes and then post pics of all the red and pink goodness on our blogs. I'm rising to the challenge here. Having two wee ones, a boy crazy about superheroes and Star Wars, and a little girl, red and pink is not a problem. Take this pink hippo that was my daughter's Valentine's gift, and my son's Elmo. Elmo's big at Chez Craftylilly. You can barely see it, but the toys are on SWB's bed which prominently features Spiderman, another red superhero. Other than lots of red and pink toys and kid clothing, I also have some red and pink purses. I love purses and bags. It's a good thing I don't have lots of money or places to go. I would have quite a selection if that were true. The ones we have here is a little pink Vera Bradley purse. I love Vera Bradley... The other red purse is the little satin handbag my SIL gave me for her wedding. It's a perfect evening bag. Of course in my beading life, I've worked a lot with red and pink. This bracelet is something I designed a few years ago. It uses an off-loom stitch, peyote stitch. I used two colors of pink seed beads and
purple seed beads, and slowly transitioned from color to color. I finished it off with an
toggle closure that I made with silver beads and one lovely art bead that I bought from a glass bead artist, Val Cox. Pardon the cat hair in the picture. It's funny how I don't notice the cat hair until I take a picture. I really should clean my window sills. But I digress. Then finally, we have Angelica. I've finished with the body and am onto the sleeves. Again this isn't the greatest representation of the colors of the yarn. I had to take another dreary day pic. Angelica is turning out quite nicely though. The knit has been relatively quick, and so I hope to have her done soon. What about the rest of the Project Spectrum participants? Flash your red and pink!

17 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Your Angelica is gorgeous! My son adored Elmo when he was a little boy. I took him to see Sesame Street Live when he was like 2 and I cried watching him, he was so happy!

3/09/2006 08:41:00 AM  
Blogger Alice B said...

Hi
Love Hippos in any color. And red and pink together -- terrific!

3/09/2006 09:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving Angelica! So pretty! And Elmo...well, that just made me happy! :)

3/09/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Angelica is just gorgeous!! You've made such amazing progress on it. It looks wonderful and I'm looking forward to the finished and modeled shot! Elmo is big at our place, too- do you have the Elmo toddler chair? I love your red satin handbag and your beading is beautiful- the way the colors transition is really pretty. Take care, Jennifer! :-)

3/09/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Okay that is it, i am so ordering the pattern for the Angelica- it is too cool for school.

I think I need to pick up that sock pattern book you mentioned. seems to be one that is good for the library!
thanks~

3/09/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have a bag in that exact same Vera Bradley print - but mine is the blue version. I keep all of my knitting tools in there so I can have a tool set that ready to go anywhere.

3/09/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Your sweater is beautiful! Looking forward to an FO shot. :)

Elmo. What can I say? I knew all the moms of small kids could identify.

3/09/2006 01:42:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

We have a couple of Spiderman beds too!

3/09/2006 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This is a pretty cool meme. Must go search out the tiny amounts of red and pink!

Angelica is looking fabulous!

3/09/2006 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

After I red your blog, I really felt in the pink. (Groan, sorry for the puns. Sometimes I just can't help myself)

3/10/2006 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Angelica will look smashing on you. It is a very figure flatterning design.

Amy

3/10/2006 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Angelica is verrra pretty! I love Project Spectrum if only seeing the groupings of the colors everyone has.

3/10/2006 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Your sweater is going to be gorgeous! I love the colors.

3/10/2006 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Oh I love the Red/Pink all over the place - your photos are fab!

3/10/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

Angelica is great - I love the colors. Cat hair...what cat hair? Munchkin leaves hair everywhere; it has just become part of my decor :)

3/11/2006 05:21:00 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

seems like everyone has cute stuffed animals to show off :) i love , love, love how angelica is turning out!!!!

3/11/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

(... off to find red and pink! ...)

3/11/2006 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->