Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lots of little things

I don't really have one cohesive theme for this post. I have just a lot of little things for you all. I received a lovely package from my Felted SP on St. Patrick's Day. It came the same day as I got the sad news of my grandmother's passing, so it was doubly apreciated. She sent me three skeins of Big Kureyon in a lovely red and purple colorway, and a little set of adorable stitch markers made by Good to Be Girl. Thank you SP! In other swap news, we have 12, perhaps 13 members for the Knitting Vacation Swap. Sign-ups go to April 2, so there's plenty of time to sign up if you want to! I'd love for the group to reach 20 participants. We have a good group going and I've been spending some time gathering links for ideas of what to make for our pals. Again, if you're interested email me at craftylilly AT hotmail DOT com. I'm almost finished with my sockpal's socks and I will officially have nothing on the needles. Nothing. I'm feeling a bit adrift. I have lots of options. (Don't we all.) I want to knit Rogue with the lovely pumkin spice orange Jaeger shetland aran yarn that RM got me for Christmas. I was thinking that would be my April Project Spectrum project. I joined the Mountain Lace KAL, and want to knit the Mountain Stream scarf. I've decided on some lovely dark purple Karabella Lace Mohair gifted to me by my SP5 pal, Lu. I'm also itching to learn how to knit socks using the magic loop method. I'm thinking of just using some self-striping Knitpicks sock yarn and the simple basic sock pattern and giving it a go. Of course, the Sexy Knitter's Club has decided on two sweater to knit for April and May, the Somewhat Cowl, and Orangina. I've got yarn for both of those sweaters in the stash, but am thinking maybe I should stick with the Rogue. I have a feeling that I won't be able to continue knitting wool pretty soon. I'm also trying to decide what I'm going to do with my small stitch marker biz. I'm contemplating wrapping it up soon. I've been knitting way to much to make many new markers. When I do get a chance to bead, I'm more interested in doing some off-loom beadweaving and stringing projects. When I finally make my decision, I may be offering up some stitch markers at a discount. I'll let you know. Oh, and I've got some yarn going up in my Bargain Bin late today. There'll be some GGH Esprit, some Cascade 220, and some better quality acrylic going up. I'll edit this post when I finally get the pictures taken and the post up. Thanks for all the kind comments about Angelica! She was a fun knit! Oh, and pardon Ashe in the SP gift pic. He can't seem to stay away from new yarn. EDITED to add: I've got the yarn up on my bargain bin blog. Take a look!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well, that answers my question :-)

I can't wait to see it knitted up.

3/21/2006 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Thankfully I've got a zillion of your stitchmarkers. Maybe when beading is less hazardous to your prisonbreaking teethbrushing littles it'll be easier to do.

What? Not work w/wool? That's what a/c is for. ;)

3/21/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, what lovely yarn from your SP! Keep reminding us about the vacation swap... :D

You have so many options to knit next - I think I would feel paralyzed and unable to choose...

3/21/2006 01:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother.... :( Lovely lovely yarn colours too. Funny about your choice about the stitch markers - I know just how you feel when you are moving on from one venture because your heart is torn in a few different directions. Hard decision but liberating too. Good luck.

3/21/2006 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

What a wonderful package from your SP! I love looking at the color transitions in Noro and the colorway you have is especially beautiful. Rogue sounds fun and it'll be perfect for Project Spectrum next month. Like Carrie K, AC is my only excuse for ordering more wool! ;-) Best wishes with whichever path you decide on for your stitchmarker business. Take care, Jennifer! :-)

3/21/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh...purdy yarn!

3/21/2006 09:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are beautiful!

3/22/2006 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

You mean, really NOTHING on the needles? Boy I sure need to learn from you!

3/22/2006 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->