Thursday, December 22, 2005

Socks for Christmas

I finished up my gray slip stitch socks just in time for Christmas! I love them. They are cozy, warm, and can be worn dressed up or down. These are also my first real socks, and I'm not quite sure what was so scary about knitting socks. In fact, I'm looking forward to my next pair. I think another pair of socks will be my New Year's Day project. Project Stats: Pattern: Classy Slip-up Socks from the book Knit Socks! Designer: Betsy Lee McCarthy Yarn: Knitpicks Essential sock yarn in gray Needles: size 1 bamboo DPNs Time to complete: about 3 weeks What I've learned: Socks are fun and satisfying to knit. RM is also rather impressed by the knitting skills as the finished product looks so "professional" (his words). I can't wait to break into some sock yarn with lots of color! Want to see them modeled? Ok here they are. Now what to knit now. I'm still working away on the prayer shawl. I'm thinking of picking the ruffles scarf up again to get that off the needles. I want to start on another sweater but am not sure which one I want to do. Twist perhaps? Also, I can't forget the socks I want to start on New Year's. Jaywalker perhaps? I think I'm going to take some time over Christmas to think about it. I know I've got some fibery goodness coming my way! I may change my mind. I want to wish everyone who celebrates Christmas a very merry, and peaceful one. May it be filled with joy and fellowship. Hohoho!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

I love the socks! I really want to get my own copy of Knit Socks! but for some reason it's harder to find than the other Knit! books. I wish I were at a "what to start" point!

12/22/2005 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your socks look great! They ARE professional looking.

Merry Christmas to the Lilly family.

Amy

12/22/2005 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Where on Earth did you find that Santa? So funny!

12/22/2005 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your socks look fabulous!! You did a fantastic job on them. I have to tell you that I laughed out loud when I saw the Raider jersey-clad Santa! Too funny!! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season....take care and Merry Christmas to you and yours!! :-)

12/22/2005 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Terrific socks. I love the way you displayed them for us. The entire post was quite festive. Merry Christmas!

12/22/2005 04:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brava on the finished sockc, they really do look prefessional. And here's wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous new year!

12/22/2005 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, I love those socks! They came out beautifully. I love sock knitting. It's what sucked me into the whole knitting thing to begin with. Turning a heel just fascinates me for some reason.

Meryy Christmas!

12/22/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great!

12/23/2005 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sorry, I forgot (blonde here). Merry Christmas!

12/23/2005 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and nice sox!

:-)

~Abi

12/25/2005 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Thank you for the nice wishes. Those socks are great.

12/26/2005 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->