Monday, January 02, 2006

Ringing in the New Year!

RM and I haven't really celebrated New Year's since the birth of my son. Face it, we're tired and would rather sleep. Well, even though we were down in San Diego for a wedding on New Year's, we didn't make it to midnight. Since we had a morning flight back home, we left the party around 10 and were fast asleep by 11. Maybe someday, right? The wedding was beautiful, and it was wonderful to see my best friend from college get married and to be a part of it. Congratulation R and M!! Many long years of married bliss to you both! I did get to work on my Ruffles Scarf while traveling. I'm almost through the first skein of Calmer. I also decided to switch needles. I was using my Denise set, but now have switched to my Clover bamboo circ, and am zipping along. I've decided to start another pair of socks after the scarf is completed. I think I'm going to cast on for the Jaywalkers. I also want to start a new sweater. I'm in the Angelica KAL, but the yarn I've chosen is a cotton blend. It's stormy and ugly outside, so I don't feel like working with cotton. I do, however, have 10 skeins of Knitpicks WOA in a beautiful Cranberry color which is just begging to be knit. I'm thinking Bonne Marie's Twist. I'm going to swatch for it today. Exciting! Oh, and remember that Mexico yarn I spun up from the roving the Boy and I Kool-Aid dyed? Well, I finished spinning it, and plied it. I used my Zebrawood Bosworth midi to spin it, and then plied it with my Cascade Little Si spindle. What do you think? I think I'm going to knit a hat out of it. I like how it turned out, though I think I've got a lot to learn about making my spinning even.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharlene said...

You're going to love Twist! I still don't have a decent pic of mine--by the time it stopped raining today it was pretty dark out.

1/02/2006 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

I love the colors!

1/02/2006 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger amber said...

Looks great. I love your color choices! Someday when I've used up my yarn stash I'd like to learn to spin yarn.

And I just wanted to tell you that tattoos really don't hurt as much as it seems like they would. It hurts at first but I think your endorphins (spelled wrong)kick in and it's not so bad :)

go for it,
Amber

1/02/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Well I'm not a spinner, but it looks good to me! (And I slept through New Year's -- I don't think we've stayed up since 2000 either!)

1/02/2006 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

P.S. Tattoos hurt like hell. (I've got 3.)

1/02/2006 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I actually like the uneveness of the yarn.

I haven't made it 'til midnight in ages. Do kids make you party poopers??

Amy

1/03/2006 05:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Pretty colours!

1/03/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They call yarn like yours Novelty, and people are getting scads on $ for it these days. Just check out Pluckyfluff.com! I say it's perfect the way it is - I spin like that on purpose!

1/04/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

I am very impressed with your spinning. I have yet to get a spindle to work for me. I just know that when I get starting spinning I might never stop. The colors are beautiful and I know the hat will be also.

1/05/2006 07:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->