Wednesday, January 04, 2006

We've had a break in the monsoon...

It's rained a lot here. I think the word "monsoon" may only be a slight overstatement. Imagine the kids' and my pleasure and seeing the beautiful sun today! We've already been out playing in it twice. I actually don't mind the rain so much unless it becomes dangerous, which is sometimes does. There's been a lot of flooding here in Northern California. On the positive side, we shouldn't have a drought this summer. Another positive, I'm all about knitting wool right now. I've started on my Twist cardi, although swatching took a while. I finally got gauge using 9's. I guess I've become a tight knitter. I've also got out my Knitpicks sock garden in Pansy to try my hand at Jaywalkers. Yeah! Like I've mentioned before, I'm supposed to be knitting Angelica with my lovely handpainted cotton/rayon blend yarn, and picovoli with some lovely cotton I've got, but I'm just not feeling the cotton right now. I'm still working on the ruffles scarf with the Calmer, but hey, it's Calmer. It doesn't matter that it's cotton, knitting with it is a joy! To distract you from the fact that I have no pictures of yarn, I'll leave you with a picture of the beach down in Carlsbad. I love walking along a beach and listening to the waves. So relaxing... Oh, and I've added a couple of things to the bargain bin!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Oooo...Calmer. I've bought gobs of it for the store.

Wait until you see the new summer stuff from Rowan. It's fantastic.

Amy

1/04/2006 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Did you go to Legoland too? I keep meaning to go there, but I love Carlsbad anyway!

1/04/2006 05:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rain -- it's wonderful knitting weather.

1/05/2006 01:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice name Carlsbad (Danish for Carls Bath) ...nice looking beach too....

1/06/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->