Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The blog meme

I'm finally getting around to the blog meme that JenLa tagged the world with. I'm enjoying reading others answers and have found some new blogs so I hope to add to the body of blog knowledge. I'm sure you know the rules but here they are again. Rules: Your finds must come from knit blogs. -You may not use a blog for more than one item -all items must come from different sources. -Finds can come from current entries or archives. -You must post your answers with the title of the blogs they were found on and a link to the blog/item (permalinks where appropriate) on your blog. If no permalink is available, give us the post date. -Do not steal anyone’s bandwidth-which means you should not hotlink pictures. -You need to comment and let us know when you have completed this meme. 1. A blog which you think people have not discovered. Ok, I found Zarah's Blog Beauty School Dropout just recently as she is organizing the hand dyed yarn swap. I love the name of her blog; she's super nice, and she takes some fantastic photographs, especially of flowers. 2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative. Carrie K of My Middle Name is Patience lives 5 minutes from me. 3. An unusual or weird animal picture. Why do you allow such indignities, Carmen? Check this out at Knit together, wonderfully made. 4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers. I almost snarfed my soda while reading Knit and Plenty's Knitting Oscar nominees. 5. An idea you wish you’d thought of. Alison of the Blue Blog's Sockapalooza 6. Something you’d like to knit. Take a look at Winnie of Knitting Escapism's Forecast! Gorgeous. Zarah, if you're reading this, take a look at this sweater. It'll make you want to knit it even more... 7. A picture of something you consider beautiful. Jane of Yarnstorm takes gorgeous pictures and is so creative. Take a look at her connection between food and knitting. 8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person. Hmmm, to tell the truth, I'd like to meet loads of people that I read and have *met* online. I'd probably like to meet Chris at Bits of Knits. I can relate to a lot of her blog posts. 9. A blog of someone you have already met in person. I haven't met many bloggers in person. Other than Carrie K I have, however, met Sharlene of Mommio knits, and Lu of Maglia. Whew! That's a lot of linking. Oh, and by the way, I've added more to the bargain bin. Lots more yarn there, and some cross-stitch kits. I know most of you are knitters, but you may know a stitcher. Let them know!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This meme is so fun, but SOOOO bad for my bloglines... :)

3/28/2006 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

poor Carmen - outed for all of blog world to see! She's really such a slug, she could really care less. The epitome of cat laziness.

3/28/2006 08:06:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That sweater is gorgeous.

Proximity pays off, eh? I got mentioned twice!

3/28/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

You're so sweet- I'd love to meet you someday, too!! I'm looking at Stitches West 2007 or 2008 and thinking...hmmm... if I start saving now... ;-) If you ever make it out to the islands, I'd love to meet up with you! I'm off to check out your bargain bin now. ;-) Take care, Jennifer! :-)

3/28/2006 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Great reccomendations. Iwant to keep on reading...

3/28/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Jennifer! Nice job. I really should do the meme. FYI on the Joann Marvel ... it's really nice, but I made a hat out of it and it's much "holier" than Point 5 (not the religious kind, just that the "thin" in the "thick-n-thin" is much longer than in Point 5). But it's still great! I'll try to post a photo of the hat so you can see. But I think they went down in price, too -- I think it used to be $9.99 for some reason and now it's $6.99 or $7.99. Take care!

3/28/2006 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

PS -- have I already asked you this? If you could summarize your blog in a colorway, what would it be?? Thanks. :)

3/28/2006 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow at those cross stitch kits! Too bad I'm not a cross stitcher.

3/28/2006 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Can I please have the Arucania Nature Wool? I love that color and yarn!

3/28/2006 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->