Sunday, April 16, 2006

Peeps, an Easter tradition

I hope that those of you who celebrate Easter had a peaceful one. We had a lot of fun today, despite the rain. We had a fun egg hunt, a yummy breakfast prepared by RM, and a pleasant Easter dinner with my parents. A good time was had by all. Now, the big question: did I finish my Peeps socks by Easter? Why, yes! Yes I did! Check them out! I love them. While I don't care if my handpaint socks match, I do like my self patterning socks to match. I think I did a decent job with these. I half made up my own pattern by using a simple seed stitch rib stitch from the booklet, Ribbing Plain and Fancy. I'm now realizing, that essentially I knit Thuja on fingering weight yarn. I love these socks! They are so cheery, spring-like and just scream Easter! Don't they look like the Peeps I bought? Project Stats: Pattern: My own using the simple seed stitch rib pattern from Ribbing Plain and Fancy Yarn: Knitpicks Simple Stripes in Sweet Tart Needles: I meant to use magic loop for these, but it didn't happen. I used my old standby of size 1 brittany DPNs. Magic Loop will be learned next pair I think. What I learned: It really isn't my imagination! I do knit the second sock faster than the first. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to do the first one, and 6 days to knit the second one. I've cast on for my Orange Rogue. The twisted knit stitches for the hem facing is going so slowly. I want to get to the cables!!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Peepilicious! They turned out great - very springy and fun. :)

4/16/2006 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

LOVE the Peep socks! - and can't wait to see your Rogue in progress!

4/16/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Peepilicious...that's funny.
As much as I can't do Peeps the candy, the exact opposite is of the Peeps Socks. So cute and Springy and Eastery. Sweet and in good taste. YUM!

4/16/2006 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

They're so cute! I'm glad to hear about the second sock because time is winding down on Sockapaloooza and I'm still on number one!

4/16/2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Go, Peeps socks! I love them. :)

4/17/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Peeptacular!

Amy

4/17/2006 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Peeps! Get them half-price today!

I'm not a Peep fan, but I love you socks anyway. Great job on getting them to match so well.

4/17/2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Reading your blog = certain sock yarn order. First it was the Pansy jaywalkers and now these! I love them!

It seems as though my second sock pal sock is going much faster than the first too. I was thinking this morning that it's like driving to a new place. The way home always seems shorter than the trip there. :)

4/17/2006 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Peeps socks! Love how cheery they are. :)

4/17/2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Well done! Wear them proudly!

4/17/2006 01:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

looks like you had a great easter! love the socks. they look comfy! and yeah, they do match those peeps quite well, don't they? look for your package in the mail! i threw in something extra that i think you'll REALLY like :)

4/17/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I knit the second sock faster than the first too. I think I get to know the yarn and the pattern and am able to go faster.

By the way...I think those are the best Easter socks ever! I love the colors. They match your peeps so well.

4/17/2006 05:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great!!

4/17/2006 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love em'! my husband is a peeps fanatic and i had to show him this post! (as he is eating his peeps!)

4/17/2006 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I LOVE your Peeps socks!! They turned out fantastic!! Great pattern and the stripes match so perfectly! I buy Peeps every year because they're so darned cute and seriously, who can resist those colors, but truth be told, I can never stomach more than half of a peep per Easter season. I guess I just like looking at them! :-) So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Easter! Take care, Jennifer! :-)

4/18/2006 12:46:00 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

They are beautiful. Very cheery & springy. Great job - you keep me motivated.

4/18/2006 05:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks. They are beautiful!!!

4/26/2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! Love those colors!

4/27/2006 08:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->