Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stash flashing will not be occuring today

The main reason for this is RM actually reads this blog. Now, he knows that I have a rather large stash. No where near the dimensions of a few of you, but sizeable nevertheless. Last year, someone talked me into flashing the stash. That's how I learned that RM read the blog. He sent me an email about his shock and horror of what's pent up in the plastic bins taking up our closet space. So anyway, he knows I have a lot. He doesn't need to see it out in all of its glory though. In place of a yarn stash flash, I will share another sizeable family collection. This represents most of our DVD collection. Some friends have called us their personal blockbuster. Now, having kids has curtailed the DVD buying. We still do rent through Netflix. It's the only entertainment these days. I'm sure some of you can relate. Here's another member of the family's stash. SWB actually is the proud owner of 2 sizeable stashes of his own. There's this one; his toy cars. Then he has a sizeable collection of Star Wars figurines and action figures. Yep, we're a family of collectors here. Back to the fiber for a minute, I've reset my ticker to begin today. I'm armed and ready for the Stashalong and Yarn Focus Challenge. Fully expect to read much weeping and gnashing of teeth through the next three months. Oh, and a final note, sign-ups for the knitting vacation swap end tomorrow evening at 8PM PST. Take into account Daylight Savings time, and you have 30 more hours to sign up. We'd love to have you!

18 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

I so understand why you don't flash your stash ... same reason for me! :)

4/01/2006 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I like you stash flash!

4/01/2006 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HWME does read my blog, and since my blog reads, on the left bar, "Ball of yarn: 530", he knows already.
But I do get an email every time the number goes up ;-)

4/01/2006 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

well at least you flashed some stashes.

I'm all ready for the Yarn Focus. Be prepared to send me yarn at the end of June :-)

4/01/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, your DVD-stash is amazing, you certainly won't ever get bored with it! I'm still absolutely curious to see your yarn stash in all its glory!

4/01/2006 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

How many movies do you think you have? I counted ours the other day, because I couldn't find an empty spot to put a movie. We're in the market for one of those big centers...I found one that holds over 700 dvds. Sigh. Oh, and my final count? Over 300, and growing.

4/02/2006 08:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all have our stashes - thanks for the little peek. And boys (I'm sure) all have a ton of those Hot Wheel kind of cars - son's favorite was a blue limo that lit up if you pressed the back down. And he's gonna keep them all. Terry

4/02/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I love your take on stash flashing, and can especially relate to the car collection (one DS had a huge collection of micro-minis, back in the day). Legos passed through two sons and one stepson, with the youngest asking for a picture taken, surrounded by all of his lego creations that rivaled Wendys' bathtub shot. I think you made a prudent choice, grrl.

4/02/2006 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I'm not going to flash my stash either because I really don't want to know for sure. Bad enough I can see my fabric stash (better organized).

I see SWB is starting early! At least he has the Place for Everything and Every Thing With It's Place part down.

4/02/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I love that the legs of the DVD rack look like they're swaying under the weight!

4/02/2006 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

perfect stash flasg... isn't it amazing what we collect?? Don't think we realize how much we have until we do something like this~
cracking me up about not flashing the fiber! My hubby was in awe when I pulled all mine out- "that's a lot of yarn" was all he could say ")

4/02/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...yeah I'm pretty sure I'm the guilty party that got you to show your stash last year...sorry about that ;o)

I can bear witness, she has a pretty big 'un ;o) Er, waitaminute your hubby still reads this...it's not a big stash, not at all. Pay no attention to what I typed earlier...

4/02/2006 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Ooops ... and my DH was busy getting rid of his stuff today so more of my knitting books would fit in the bookshelf! (I did get some pressure to clear out my stuff too, though...)

Ah, to be able to put out our collections. Pre-kids we used to have our CD collection out and now it's in bins in the garage.

4/02/2006 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

I live in fear of my dh logging onto my blog. Esp in light of what I flashed Saturday. It wouldn't help that I found maybe 4 stashes out htere larger than mine.
i know I'm too late for knitting vacay swap - but where is it?

4/03/2006 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stash flashing...hee hee! I love that. Flash the stash, man!

4/03/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't flashed my stash either, mostly because I'm too scared to get the bins out of the closet, I haven't even found bins yet for my roving stash recently acquired.

Hmmm, maybe next year.

4/03/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I was tempted to show you my DVD stash but it is so sad -- just 9 kid's DVDs. Now I do have a large laser disc collection however ;)

4/03/2006 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger Sandee said...

I didn't flash any stash either...couldn't corral the entire fleet of plastic/canvas/buckets/bins to save my life! I don't really want to know how much money I could have saved by practicing a little more restraint in the fiber department! heh

4/03/2006 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->