Thursday, April 13, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my head

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red... Sorry for the music moment. The rain continued through the night, and I'm so ready for it to be over. According to yahoo weather, it'll clear up next week. Thank Goodness! SWB has been thirsting for sunny weather so that he can play outside. I've been hoping for sun for the same reason. Cooped up children and rainy weather is not fun. Thanks to all who empathized with us! We are feeling better. Yesterday started out with more of the same. We ended up at Kaiser with PQL for something known as nursemaid's elbow. She's fine now, and we now know how to keep it from happening again, but it was scary. The rest of the day was fun though. I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of the finished Clapotis yet. The weather has not cooperated for taking nice pictures. This weekend I will try to get a good picture of them and hopefully my Peeps socks. Here's my Wikipedia meme answers to entertain you though. The mission was to do a Wikipedia search of my birthdate without the year and list three events, three births, and three deaths. Here goes. Events: 1920: The US postal service rules that children may not be sent parcel post. 1935: In one of the biggest upsets in boxing history, James Braddock defeats Max Bauer to win the world heavyweight championship (Cinderella Man) 2004: A 4 kg meterorite hits the house of the Archer's in Ellerslie, New Zealand destroying the roof and a couch. Births: 1865: William Butler Yeats 1928: John Forbes Nash (A Beautiful Mind) 1974: Steve-O from MTV's Jackass Deaths: 1965: Martin Buber 1986: Benny Goodman 1987: Geraldine Page Ok, here are a couple of thoughts. I found it strange that I had two people in my Wiki search that have been portrayed by Russell Crowe in a movie. Also, how embarassing to share a birthdate with Steve-O, a man who will snort wasabi for America's amusement.

20 Comments:

Blogger weaselrina said...

I particularly like the one about not mailing children parcel post. May they still go first class?

My pleasure re: magic loop. I'm getting it down now. :) I recommend it!

4/13/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday! That is cool to share the day w/Yeats but so much w/Steve-O.

You used to be able to ship children parcel post??? How.....convenient! I wonder why they stopped it? Goodness gracious.

4/13/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I was going to say the same thing about Russel Crowe. How funny. Great minds think alike, I say.

Maryilyn Monroe died on my birthday. :(

4/13/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Marilyn Manson was born on my birthday. :(

4/13/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Too funny - sending children by parcel post is not allowed - you know all us moms have probably wondered from time to time. My mother always threatened to sell us to the gypsies.

Steve-0, so embarrased to admit I've seen too much of him (literally) on my TV... ugh, sadly one of my kid's favorites. I do make them turn off the TV when all he's wearing is NOTHING, with just the bits and pieces blurred out. ugh.

4/13/2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Darn! I was about to send a kidlet through the mail...I guess I'll have to use UPS or FedEx.

I did the Wiki search on my birthday--what a nifty feature! Thanks for sharing it.

4/13/2006 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

What a fun meme!

(I'm still asking about why this activity is called a meme. No one has told me yet.)

I have to admit that I have never heard of Steve-O, but judging from the comments, I haven't missed much.

4/13/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok, shipping children by parcel post?? Hmm. "USPS: The cheapest way to visit Grandma!"

4/13/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm glad to hear that PQL is doing well now... that must have been so scary!! There's nothing worse than having something wrong with the kids. That kills me more than anything. And I 100% hear you on the perils of cooped up children and rainy weather!! I laughed out loud about not being able to send children parcel post. As it should be, since parcel post usually takes 7-9 days. Glad to know that priority mail is still okay, though. ;-) Can't wait to see your Clapotis- take care, Jennifer! :-)

4/13/2006 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

They had to rule that kids could not go parcel post. That is the funniest damn thing.

4/13/2006 02:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo.....how do you know about the wasabi snorting? ;o)

My first damned day off with nothing, literally nothing work-like that I have to do and guess what? Freaking raining. I may not get out of bed all day. Good thing Dobby is self-sufficient these days ;o)

4/13/2006 08:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow. The first day off is tomorrow. Can you tell it's past my bedtime? ;o)

4/13/2006 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Did you know if there is a problem with your parcel post package you have to pay to ship it back to you? Not so with priority mail.

Personally, I share a birthday with Sandra Day O'Connor, Leonard Nimoy, Martin Short and Billy Warlock from "Baywatch" ... Jealous?

4/13/2006 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Oh, and my father in law died on my birthday about 6 years ago. Real fun.

4/13/2006 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

steve-o, that's lousy. he shouldn't even qualify as a celebrity.

4/14/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I love Steve O. It is sad, I know- it is one of those things.
My old roomie and I would get supper stoked when it was time for "Asshole" (that is what we called it, since they really make arseholes of themselves). We would make dinner and then laugh until it hurt.
The worst part is, I grew up with a few guys like Steve O. So I got the real live version- oh god...

4/14/2006 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

PS the kid sending part, do you remember the Garfield cartoon where Garfield kept sending Oddie away in a box? that is what it reminded me of... tangent, sorry.

4/14/2006 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

Sending kids parcel post...now there's an interesting thought. What would happen if the package was undeliverable??? As a former pediatric nurse I saw my fair share of nurse maid's elbow. It is scary & painful; the magic is when that elbow pops back into place and the agony is over. Glad all is well.

4/14/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun meme! I'm sorry it's raining again. But at least we had a break during one sunny day!

4/14/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sandee said...

I'm with you...I am SO ready for this weather to go away! >:-(

4/14/2006 02:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->