Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Please don't take a turn to negative town."

Right, well, I've been knitting a lot lately, but not on the ruffles scarf or the prayer shawl (which I really should be trying to finish). I've been working a lot on Twist and loving it. I should be finishing up the back today and can't wait until I get to work on the front with all the lovely cables. The cables on this sweater will be the most complex I've worked on to date. I think they will show up really well with the yarn I'm using, Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Cranberry. I think I've sensed a potential snag though. I have 10 skeins of the WOA and I'm making the smallest size which calls for 1100 yds of yarn. My bag of 10 skeins works out to 1090 yds, which is a smidge short. I'm hoping I make it. So, here's my question: do you think Twist needs the collar fringe? I'm thinking if I omit the fringe I'll have enough yarn to finish it. I may be worrying a bit too soon, but I would just like to prepared with a plan B. I do really need to clear Ruffles and the prayer shawl off the needles. At least that's what I'm telling myself I must do before casting on for the Jaywalkers. I'm thinking that my will power isn't that strong, so I'm making a deal with myself. As soon as I finish one of those two projects, I may cast on for Jaywalker... I'm thinking the prayer shawl is closer to completion, so I should concentrate on that for a week or so. Ah the wheeling and dealing I must do.

13 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

Great projects! Hopefully you'll end up with the right amount of yarn!

1/08/2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Have you tried "knitting backwards"? Google it for a video. It saved me on my Ruffles scarf ... went so much faster!

1/08/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I totally make deals with myself.

1/08/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for "Let's make a Deal" - works for me.

1/08/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Sounds like a good plan! I like the color of Twist.

1/08/2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

The fringe doesn't really take that much yarn anyway, so I say go for it and see what happens. I bought 5 skeins of Cascade 220 and I ended up with at least half a skein left. At the worst, you could fringe in a different color, or a different dye lot if you had to buy more yarn. I can't wait to see your version! I love mine so much.

1/08/2006 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruffles looks like it's almost done already... :o) Hope that helps you with your deals!

I don't think Twist needs fringe, but I'm not a fringe person anyway...

1/08/2006 08:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make those sorts of deals all the time - I reckon after the next one - Go for the Jaywalk

1/08/2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the color of the Ruffles scarf. Laura at Stream of Consciousness also did a post on knitting backwards. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a good skill to have.

Thanks for the good wishes!

1/09/2006 06:46:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

To tell the truth - I loved everything about Twist, except for the fringe - it's okay with me if you leave it off!!

1/09/2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Finish the Ruffles scarf quick! Its quite the attention getter on the street. People will try to buy it off you. Why wait for entertainment like that?

1/09/2006 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Those darn Jaywalkers. I hate that I'm bargaining with myself to make them... Maybe I'll rebel and knit myself a scarf instead.

Where is the Twist pattern from? I'd give you an opinion on the neck fringe, but I would need to see the pattern first ;-). I'm out of the loop on that one...

1/09/2006 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That Ruffles scarf looks like a fun knit and fast.

1/10/2006 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->