Friday, April 28, 2006

Wrapping up Project Spectrum April

Well, yellow and orange, it's been fun. You colors really know how to party. I know you sensed that your time here in Project Spectrum was coming to a close. How do I know this? Well, when I added a little bit of our next guest color, green, into my beading project along with you, orange, things got a little heated. You assured me everything would be fine. You and green look absolutely fabulous together in the tubular netting design. Your fiery and cheery nature really warmed up cool green. We ran into problems though, didn't we? I made two of these tubular netting components meaning to add the boro bead that you look so fabulous in. What happened then, orange? The design didn't hang together. Cutting my losses, I made you into a bracelet, and I think you and green look divine now. I guess I should take this as a lesson. Sometimes the best results are gained through an accident. Maybe you don't have it in for me. (You better not, as I'm knitting Rogue with you, Orange.) Maybe you and green just had better ideas. By the way, since my necklace idea didn't work, I have a second bracelet just like this one. If anyone is interested in it and wears, or knows someone who needs a gift who wears, a 7 inch bracelet, let me know. I'd be up for a swap. A quick knitting update is in order. I've divided Roge into a front and back. I'm allowing myself the month of May to finish her. Rogue will be ready in time for the heat of the summer! Ugh. We've finally had some gorgeous weather here. I'm thinking it's time to start thinking about summer knits. Also, Nautie is coming along quite well. Her face is a dark red, which I think looks really great with the medium gray shell. I'm heading to JoAnn's to look for buttons for her eyes today. I'm also itching to start some socks again. We'll see what will happen with that. I've got some big news too! I'll share more in a couple of days. Trust me, it's good stuff.

17 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

oh, you darn tease. what's the news?
just saw your nautie. darling!

4/28/2006 08:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute bracelet! I love all those colors together!

4/28/2006 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish I could figure out how to do that beading. *Sigh*

Tell us the news!! I hate waiting!!

4/28/2006 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

ooh fabu work! great color mixture...
and I can't wait to see Nautie!
I am so behind on my knitting it isn't even funny- the "want to make" list grows every day... sigh.

have a great weeekend!!

4/28/2006 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

The bracelet is lovely - I wouldn't have liked it a year ago, but now, the orange and the green make perfect, harmonic sense to me. I hope you have a lovely weekend, and that you don't keep us waiting too long (foot tapping) to tell us your news

4/28/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

News?!? We love news! The bracele is super cute! Such a beading/knitting wonder!

4/28/2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

News? What news? Spill.

It was what, 90 yesterday? I walked out of work and was completely caught off guard. I had to run the AC in the house! Watch it be hotter than blazes this summer. One reason why I'm researching Hempathy to knit Eliz I with.

4/28/2006 11:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big news, I'm curious with anticipation. Love the bracelt, very cute.

Just think though in winter, you'll have a brand new sweater waiting to be debuted.

4/28/2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow, the bracelet is just divine! i like the colors...they remind me of some sock yarn i just bought :P
you are such the tease! keep us hanging, why don't you! that's okay, surprises are always fun and welcome. suspense is killer, but i'm sure it's all worth it :) have a great weekend, jen!

4/28/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Tease indeed. the news?

Thanks for letting me know you did blackberry. I'm going to have to go searching through your archives now to see it. I'm not sure if one piece blackberry will work, but I'm still hoping.

BTW, I love the ticker on the top of your blog. If if were me, I'd end up with it pinned at 0.

4/28/2006 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm thinking of that old joke -- how do you keep an idiot (or whatever) in suspense ... I'll tell you later.

I can't wait! I've never been one for surprises ...

4/28/2006 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Nice bracelet Jennifer--a great farewell to orange and yellow!

4/28/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Love the bracelet. I'd be up for a trade...I'm a month behind. Just cast on my orange and yellow this morning. Sheesh.

4/29/2006 06:29:00 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I am not doing Project Spectrum, but am loving what people are experimenting with; your little tale about orange and green is just inspired, and the bracelet came out well, too. I am almost ready to put aside all wool projects, finished or not and move right into things I can wear this summer.

4/29/2006 08:06:00 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Wow, that bracelet is a beauty!!! Can't wait to see the finished Nautie!

4/29/2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Very cute bracelet! I have tiny wrists though.

4/29/2006 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Awesome bracelet! You beaders amaze me - the one time I did any beading I ended up with beads all over the floor. I was on my hands and knees desperately trying to pick them up before one got eaten...

And news? Come on! Spill it, sister!!!

4/30/2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->